WANTED! Social media ninja
Join the TOPIA Team
Do you care passionately about our planet? Are you a curious and playful social media expert? We have an exciting new creative opportunity
TOPIA is looking for an experienced Content Creator/Community Manager based in the UK or Europe who has a positive outlook and sense of humour, thinks both creatively and analytically – and is motivated to make a difference.
TOPIA is an independent new digital magazine that is packed with matters that impact everyone, from design to conservation. It’s for anyone who has ever wondered just what this mind-bender of a universe is all about, or wants to be entertained with deeply interesting and inspiring stories.
Our small team (with a big heart) is on a mission to shine a spotlight on the remarkable people – and creatures – keeping our planet cool. We want to engage creative and curious minds in what’s important by telling incredible stories with editorial integrity.
We love words, pictures, animations, videos and developing original content to share through our online magazine site, popular newsletter, and social media accounts. We launched in March 2022 and have small but highly engaged audience – and now we need you to help us grow.
In this role, you will be both working to create original and targeted social media strategies with the TOPIA Team – as well as managing the social accounts of positive impact projects with our creative agency partner, Theobald Fox. We are a fun, authentic and collaborative team based in London, Barcelona and Tokyo.
Now to you
You will be a big part of a small team, so you need to be self-motivated, reliable and able to meet tight deadlines. You should be creative and upbeat, and love trying new things and challenging the status quo. You’re a straight-talking, solutions-focused go-getter – someone who is resilient, resourceful and ideally obsessed with networking on social media! You operate ethically, honestly and with high integrity. You’re smart, with a wicked wit, and know how to make people feel positive and emotionally connected. You are adaptable in style when it comes to creating exciting content and can translate a strong and consistent tone of voice across various style guidelines.
Role and responsibilities
- Copywriting, proofing and editing copy with a witty, creative and precise focus
- Managing content strategy across multiple social accounts (strategically planning, creating, posting and managing social content and audience growth strategies)
- Growing a relevant and engaged audience and engaging with communities
- Tracking web analytics to understanding performance and growth metrics
- Identifying and communicating with aligned activists, campaigns and social impact projects
- Collaborating with team members to develop and bring to life new, original creative ideas
- Providing editorial and creative support to the TOPIA editor
Skills and experience required
- Previous experience at an agency, in media/publishing or in a similar role
- Proof of successful social media management
- Excellent English copywriting, communication and proofreading skills (as an editorial project, this is important)
- Competent with Later, Hootsuite and social media scheduling apps
- Active on social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest)
- Can film, edit and play with features on Stories and Reels (TikTok an added bonus)
- Competent in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Canva
- Adept at keyword placement and SEO best practices
- Follow current affairs and have a passion for popular culture and positive social impact
- Some experience with WordPress and Mailchimp is useful, but not a dealbreaker
- Full-time role: commencing ASAP
- Flexible: London – office and home based – preferred
- Salary: £24,000 – £28,000 depending on experience and including probation period
How to apply – before the end of September
Please email email@example.com with a cover letter telling us a bit about you, your background and why this job is perfect for you. Please also supply links to your past work, relevant social media accounts, and suggest three campaigns or social media accounts that you think are cool and relevant to TOPIA’s world of good. We will be in touch in Sept/Oct. Thank you.